- 介系詞 (preposition)又叫前置詞，放在名詞、代名詞或名詞相等語之前，表示它後面的名詞與句子中其他字之間的關係。
介系詞的種類： 簡單介系詞：只有一字的介系詞，如：in, at, for, since等
- The two brothers study in the same class.
- It's been ten years since they married.
二重介系詞：由兩個介系詞組成，如：until after(直至...之後), from among(從...當中)
- I delayed the plan until after I put the details.
- They went out from among us.
片語介系詞：兩個以上的字形成一個片語當介系詞用，如：as for(至於), out of(出自), according to(根據), because of(因為), in front of(在...之前), in the event of(如果)
- As for my past, I'm not telling you anything.
- In the event of fire, ring the alarm bell.
分詞介系詞：如：regarding(關於), considering(考慮到), including(包括)。
- He knew nothing regarding the case.
- Considering the distance, he arrived very quickly.
- There are ten people including you.
- The picture is on the wall.
- She is afraid of dogs.
- She looks like you.
- She stood in front of me.
- She is afraid of making new friends.
- All runners should know about running.
- His answer is far from honest.
- She came back to Taipei from abroad.
- They failed to agree on where to spend their holidays.
- It depends on whether he will buy the house.
- I quite agree with what you say.
- He lives in Taipei.
- He went into the kitchen.
- In the garden everything was so beautiful.
- Behind me lay the fields.
- On the desk is a bag.
- The apple on the plate is for you.
- He is an expert at troubleshooting.
介系詞的意義分類： 表示時間：about, around, before, by, at, after, in, on, around, between, during, for, from, since, till, until, within. 表示地點：about, at, in, on, over, through, across, along, around, before, between, beyond, down, up, to, toward, under, near.
- We live at an old town.
- They went through the park.
- They built a nest at the top of the tree.
- There's a police station at the end of the street.
- How beautiful the moonlight on the lake is!
- What's that black mark on the ceiling?
- You used to have a picture on the wall, didn't you?
- This is the only shop in the village.
- He enjoys traveling in every quarter of the globe.
表示方式：by bus ：乘公共汽車 see with one's own eyes ：親眼看... write in ink ：用墨水寫... on foot ：步行，徒步 表示原因：for ：He was punished for stealing. from ：suffer from a cold of ：be ashamed of with ：shake with cold 表示關於：about ：關於（一般情況） on ：關於（理論，學術） of ：a long story of adventure 表示比較：as ：His face is as black as coal. like ：He saw a number of small hard things like stones. 表示除外：but ：He works every day but Sunday. except ：We all went except Tom. except for ：The letter is good except for the spelling. besides ：Besides English, he studies German and French. 表示條件：with ：With all his faults, I like him. without ：Man cannot live without water. 表示結果：to ：She tore the letter to pieces. 表示對於：for ：Sea air is good for the health. to ：To her it was all unusual.